Pegawai, Akauntan, Eksekutif, Kerani, Penyelia Dan Lain-Lain Lagi

Officer Gets RM67,000 For Eating Cockroach

SHAH ALAM: A Tabung Haji customer service officer won RM67,000 in damages after the specialist hospital was found negligent for serving him vegetables containing a cockroach for lunch.  Wan Hailmey Mahrawi, 38, said he was provided with the food when he was warded at the KPJ Selangor Specialist Hospital here to treat his cervical disc disorders.  

In allowing the negligence claim with costs Thursday, Sessions Court judge G. Ramesh held that Wan Hailmey had proven his case after hearing evidence from witnesses from both parties. Judge Ramesh ordered Selangor Specialist Hospital Sdn Bhd, which runs the hospital, to pay the plaintiff RM7,000 over his abdominal pain and diarrhoea for five days, and another RM60,000 in exemplary damages.  

The judge also awarded an interest of 6% per year on the judgment sum from Thursday to its full settlement.  The judgment was read out by Sessions Court judge Nurul Izwan Ahmad Zubir as the presiding judge had been transferred to Petaling Jaya.

In his statement of claim, Wan Hailmey, who was represented by lawyer Hazizah Kassim, said he was warded at the hospital for five days from May 18 last year.  Wan Hailmey said he was served with lunch on May 20 last year, where he found his vegetable portion contained a cockroach. He said he had eaten the "head and leg" part of the cockroach that day, causing him to suffer dizziness, vomiting, loss of appetite, stomach pain and fever.

0 Response to "Officer Gets RM67,000 For Eating Cockroach "

Post a Comment


If you like to dance to funky or fast rhythms, you’d love Zumba

Malaysian-based, online suppliers

Mansau Ansau, Shiatsu, Thai, China, Urut Batin